Our Tips for Happy Feet
Did you know that one quarter of your bones are in your feet? Even if they are one of the most under-appreciated limb in our body, they are the most overworked and the most reliable that can handle mile upon mile of supporting our body weight. Giving them a little TLC would provide relief not only for your feet but for your entire body.
Here are a few tips to get you started in your spa pedicure right at home:
- Prep: Remove your nail polish and file your nails. Do not forget to light a candle and put on your favourite playlist. This should be a precious moment.
- Soak: Soak your feet in warm water. You can add Epsom salt, nice essential oils if you have some and even a few drops of olive oil to keep skin moisturized. Relax for 10 minutes and pat dry gently.
- Exfoliate: Slough off dead skin under the feet, on the heels where it tends to get calloussed, and around the ankles and work your way up the calves. Massage and exfoliate gently and avoid irritated skin. You can make your own scrub using your Néolia butter by adding either brown sugar to it and even ground coffee for an even deeper exfoliation. You’ll get a great scrub at a bargain price. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Moisturize with your favourite Néolia butter: Be sure to massage the full calves and feet with enough pressure to relieve tension. If you have the time for a full treat, massage with a ball under your feet.
- Beauty finish: Finish with a nail treatment or a nail polish if you feel like it.
We strongly suggest that you massage your feet every day, especially at night, with your oil-enriched butter. Just cream you might think. Try it for a week, your feet will feel prettier, smoother and certainly happier. As the summer approaching, it’s a habit more-than-worth establishing.
Just love your feet, they sure love you!